With all the technical mishaps
and lolidays slacking going on, while tons of new anime announcements are passing us right by, a condensed "round-up" is once again in order to get us back on track with the news. Wishfully thinking we were ever on track, that is.
- this anime we wrote about last month
turns out to be 2-volume OVA
(or OAD, if you prefer). The first volume will ship with the 4th volume of the Dogs: Bullets & Carnage manga on May 19, and the second volume will ship with the Dogs: Stray Dog Howling in the Dark manga reissue on July 17, 2009.
- Duel Masters Cross
- a new anime movie from the Duel Masters franchise is listed
for release in autumn 2009 by Japanese film distributor TOHO.
- Eureka Seven Movie
- the theatrical version of the Eureka Seven anime initially announced
back in April now has a title, a release schedule, and a website
, which promises the movie will bring "one more love story". The full title is Koukyou Shihen Eureka Seven: Pocket ga Niji de Ippai (Psalms of Planets Eureka Seven), and the premiere is set for next year's Golden Week - from the end of April to the first week of May 2009.
- Kannagi extras
- "a number of unaired [Kannagi] episodes"
are in the works at studio A-1 Pictures, but we have no idea when or how they will be released. We do suspect that ecchiness
will abound, though.
- Kupuu!! Mamegoma!
as a new lol-pet anime, featuring some popular chibi "bean seal" character named Mamegoma, along with its newly created Mamekawa family: the father, mother, big sister Akane, and little sister
Yui. Begins on January 10.
- Kurokami The Animation (Black God)
- freshly licensed
by Bandai for a simultaneous broadcast in the US - as in Japan and Korea. "The version aired in the U.S. will be an English dub (...) the first ever dub to be made parallel with the Japanese production."
Oh noes, no moar shitty English dubs
! Begins on January 8, 2009 on ImaginAsian TV, with a DVD release set to follow later in 2009.
- Minami-ke OVA
- a single-episode project once again produced by animation studio asread, reportedly green-lit
for a June 23, 2009 release on DVD in Japan. "Minami-ke tells the story of three sisters who live on their own and depend on each other to solve whatever problems may arise"
(so what if I just used that pic link?!). But first, the third season, Minami-ke Okaeri
begins next month.
- Peeping Life
- a comedy "slow-life anime" depicting the listless minutiae of everyday life, by combining motion-captured improvised acting with CG animation into a series of comedy shorts. What makes this one notable is its production company CoMix Wave (Kakurenbo
, and pretty much all of Makoto Shinkai's masterpieces - Voices of a Distant Star
, Beyond the Clouds
, 5cm per Second
). Begins this December 19.
- Sex Pistols OVA
- based on a boys-love manga also known as Love Pistols (nope, no connection with the British punk rock band). "The "science love fiction" story revolves around a high school boy who discovers that he is part of a select group of humans who did not evolve from monkeys, but various animals such as leopards and black bears"
... and pandas?
- The Uchuu Show (The Space Show)
- the way-too-ambitious animated movie coming from director Koji Masunari (Read or Die, Kamichu!) seems to be still in the works
at studio A-1 Pictures.
- Urusei Yatsura anime special
- the long-delayed spin-off short was finally confirmed
to premiere this month at the "It's a Rumic World" exhibition on December 23 in Sendai, Japan. It's been 17 years without an Urusei Yatsura anime, by the way.